Trends For The Year Ahead
Happy New Year!
With January disappearing fast, what better way to prepare for the months ahead than by looking at predicted hair trends for 2019. We've detailed our top five below....grab a cup of something soothing and read on!
1) Accessories are the really big news for this year and expect to see this trend ramp up over the summer months. Need a special accessory popping into your hair? No problem! Make an appointment at either our Style Bar or Braid Bar and we can add your accessory into your chosen style for that extra special bit of glam. Diamante clips, ribbons and logo hair slides (and don't forget freshly cut flowers) are here to stay!
2) Colour experimentation is also a trend to watch out for. We'll be seeing less pink and more lilac and grey this year as these two new hues start making waves. Aveda colour has to be seen to be believed, and the fade-resistant formulas are up to 96% naturally derived. Mawson & Company are the only salon in and around Winchester to use Aveda Full Spectrum™ colours to create customised colour to suit your needs and your lifestyle.
3) Sleek, smooth and glossy locks are back. The glossier and healthier your hair looks, the better. The Aveda Brilliant Hair Care range will help you get a head start. Comprising of a shampoo, conditioner, and a myriad of styling products (think Retexturing Gel, Pomade, Hair-Spray) this range will leave your hair looking glossy and fabulous.
4) Blunt bobs. Let's face it, the bob is NEVER out of fashion, but this year it's all about a sharper, blunter finish. Inspired by the 70's revival this cut suits everyone as it can be crafted to your face shape. Thinking about taking it short? Ask your stylist to show you how to wear and style your new cut.
5) Scalp care is also a key trend in our world this year. Beautiful hair starts with a clean and healthy scalp, and Aveda's Pramasana range encourages you to treat your scalp in the same way you would treat your skin.
Featuring a Purifying Scalp Cleanser, a Protective Scalp Concentrate and an Exfoliating Scalp Brush, the Pramasana home-care range will leave your hair looking amazing. Alternatively, our "Scalp & Hair Treatment" (£40) is a wonderful, 30 minute treatment that leaves your scalp feeling fabulous.
No doubt we'll see more trends emerging in line with this year's round of fashion shows, and we'll keep you updated on all the new looks we're loving...don't forget to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter for our latest views and news.