Packaging is an important part of Aveda's commitment to sustainability, and their approach to packaging is second-to-none.
Aveda were the first beauty company to use 100% post-consumer recycled PET, and now more than 85% of their skin care and hair styling PET bottles and jars contain 100% post-consumer recycled materials.
One of their strongest packaging initiatives is their efforts to use post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials in all of their packaging. When it's not possible to use PCR, Aveda are starting to combine PCR with bioplastic, derived primarily* from sugarcane.
Sugarcane is quickly renewable and thus a sustainable resource. You can experience this packaging technology every time you pick up a tube of Dry Remedy Moisturising Conditioner or Moisturising Masque.
*Bioplastic is 96% plant derived and 4% petrochemical.
AVEDA'S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
As part of Aveda's packaging mission, a number of guiding principles come into play.
As well as the physical packaging itself, consideration is also given to manufacturing processes and product life-cycles.
Aveda strives to always:
• consider the life cycle analysis when developing packaging options;
• reduce the size, weight and production processes of packaging wherever possible;
• offer packaging that can be recycled whenever possible;
• use the most environmentally sound materials and as much post-consumer recycled (PCR) content as commercially possible without affecting the efficacy of the product;
• use renewable energy to manufacture and fill our packaging in Blaine;
• challenge our packaging partners to meet the same standards.
If you'd like any more detail about Aveda's packaging initiatives, pop into the salon and have a chat to one of our team.
Gorgeous products in beautiful packaging that also give the planet some love. We adore Aveda, and we always look forward to sharing our passion for the brand with our valued guests and Aveda newcomers alike.